Educational Program of the Clinic
Every Thursday 3-5 pm, Seminal Room of the Haematology Department (1st Building, 2nd Floor), University Hospital of Heraklion.
Training of Haematologists
We have been organizing since 2011 a two-day training course for young Haematologists particularly for those in training, on specific topics of Haematology, under the auspices of the Medical School of the University of Crete and the Hellenic Haematology Association.
The course is entitled “Clinical and Laboratory Education in Haematology” and includes training of 25 young Haematologists from all over Greece. During the first day (Galaxy Hotel, Heraklion) a number of lectures are given by experienced Haematologists, aiming to give the theoretical background of the topic. On the second day (Histology Laboratory of the Medical School) the attendees have the opportunity to discuss cases of patients at individual microscopes. The speakers/teachers are chosen not only for their expertise on the topic but also for their teaching skills. The environment of Crete is suitable for live and friendly interactions.
- September 2011: Clinical – Laboratory Education on NHL.
- September 2012: Clinical – Laboratory Education on AML.
- September 2013: Clinical – Laboratory Education on MDS.
- September 2014: Clinical – Laboratory Education on Anemias.
- September 2015: Clinical – Laboratory Education on MPS.
- September 2016: Clinical – Laboratory Education on low-grade NHL
- September 2017: Clinical - Laboratory Education on AML
- September 2018: Clinical - Laboratory Education on MDS
- September 2019: Clinical - Laboratory Education on Aquired Anaemias
Clinical laboratory educational activites photo gallery